Sridevi Height, Age, Figure, Husband, Daughters, Wiki Biography
- Debut Movie: Bollywood debut was Solva Saavan
- Debut TV Show:
- 1977: Filmfare Award – South- 16 Vayathinile
1982: Filmfare Best Actress Award- Meendum Kokila
1990: Filmfare Best Actress Award- ChaalBaaz
1991: Filmfare Best Actress Award- Kshana Kshanam
1992: Filmfare Best Actress Award- Lamhe
2013: Filmfare Award- Nagina and Mr. India
2013: Padma Shri, India’s fourth highest civilian award by the President of India
2018: National Award- Best Actress- ‘Mom’ Movie
- 1977: Filmfare Award – South- 16 Vayathinile
- Her secret marriage with Mithun Chakraborty which was kept hidden for years until a magazine published their marriage certificate
- Her marriage with an already married man Boney Kapoor attracted stark criticism and controversy.
- Her death was mysterious. There have been rumors of her being drunk before she went into the bathroom. Also, some people are hinting towards her husband Bonney being the man behind the murder of Sridevi. As the entire Dubai trip story sounds suspicious. Also, she knew how to swim so drowning in such a small bathtub did not make sense.
- After her death, it was revealed that she had undergone as much as 29 cosmetic surgery for anti-aging and enhance her beauty. This really made her weak from inside.
- Even though she was a successful actress but there was a time when she struggled in poverty. She had a huge financial crisis which even made her do anything to get work. Her marriage with Bonney Kapoor was also related to her money matters. All this information was revealed by her uncle in an interview with the media. She got back to films only because she was in dire need of money and her husband was unable to cope up with all these.
- Smoking: Yes
- Drinking: Yes
- Food Preference: Vegetarian
- Hobbies: Dancing, Yoga
- Color: Pink
- Actor: Shahrukh Khan and Salman Khan
- Actress: Kajol
- Food: Ice Cream, Rice
- Fruit: Strawberries
- Attire: Saree
- Destination: USA, where she had shot for the movie English Vinglish
Interesting Facts which every Sridevi fan should know
- Her Address: Sea Springs, Bungalow No. 2, Green Acres, 7 Bungalows, Andheri West, Lokhandwala Complex, Mumbai India
- She is popularly called ‘the first female superstar of Bollywood’.
- She started acting as a child artist at the age of 4 years. And made a film debut at the age of 6 in Thunaivan (1969).
- Her performance in “Poompatta” 1971 was rewarded by an award.
- Her role as a 16-year-old girl with Kamal Haasan in 16 Vayathinile was praised ubiquitously by everyone.
- Sridevi’s last film shall be Zero (starring Shah Rukh Khan) as she shot for a cameo before her death.
- The film Moondram Pirai (1982) took her stardom to an unprecedented level. In this movie, she played the role on a girl suffering from mental disorder. This film was such a success that a remake in Hindi was made the very next year.
- Himmatwala originally made in 1983 was also a blockbuster for her. Her hotness was seen by the entire film industry. From now on she got the tag of having ‘thunder thighs’.
- She lost out on her school and college life. She could never ever complete her studies. She once said that to gain something she had to lose a lot and academics were. certainly one of the most prominent things she had to sacrifice. Though she did not repent her decision as she was fully focussed only on films. Starting as a child all the way until she lived.
- Sridevi was the highest paid actress in the Bollywood from 1985 to 1992.
- She was a part of the film Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja, 1993. This was India’s most expensive films ever made at that time.
- Hrithik Roshan made his film debut with Sridevi in Bhagwaan Dada. See the dual thumb boy in the pic.
- She was associated with Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam & Kannada films all at the same time and was equally popular amongst all. Hence she was a multifaceted personality with a multicultural fan following.
- Dancing came naturally to her. She was considered an excellent dancer despite not learning to dance from anywhere professionally.
- She has done 16 films with Jitender (Tushaar’s father) alone.
- She was offered a role in “Jurassic Park” by Steven Spielberg. But she denied this offer claiming that the role did not portray her a lead actress.
- She was also offered the lead role in SRK’s Baazigar, but somehow that didn’t work out.
- Like any regular Indian mother, she used to call her husband as ‘Papa’. (no daddy issues here, papa as in her children’s dad).
- She could not speak Hindi for a long time while she began her career in Bollywood. Most of her initial films were dubbed by other actresses including Rekha.
- She has performed double-roles in as much as 7 films, making her the actress with most double-roled films in the Film Industry.
- You would be amazed to know that she rejected the popular films– Rangeela, Baaghbaan, Baazigar & Mohabbatein. You can imagine the level of her stardom which made her deny such roles.
- Her large and round eyes were really irresistible.
- It was on 24th February 2018 after attending her husband’s nephew Mohit Marwah‘s wedding function in Dubai, she breathed her last. Earlier it was believed to be a case of cardiac arrest pertaining to her weight loss diet, but later the real reason- ‘Accidental Drowning‘ in the bathtub was revealed.
- Her last rites received full state honors, her body wrapped in the respected tri-color/Indian National Flag, and a gun salute was given by policemen in uniform. This gesture was questioned by many citizens and was seen as a political game.
- Sridevi would certainly be missed by millions of her fans and of course the entire film industry.